Wednesday, November 01, 2006

We have a brave family member serving in Iraq right now

And I am a bit hurt by the thought (joke?) that Servicemen are uneducated.

My family includes so many Veterans and Servicemen and Servicewomen.

Our military family includes:

*** Uncles and Cousins:
- both active and retired;

*** military in all branches of the service:
- United States Air Force,
- United States Army, and
- United States Marine Corps;

*** Veterans of so many wars:
- World War Two,
- the Vietnam War,
- the Korean War,
- the Gulf War,
- Desert Storm, and
- the Iraq War.

November is the month to honor our Veterans.
Thanks to all of them, we speak English.

And yet, today, I am saddened, ashamed, and a little bit angry ...

I wonder how this will all turn out. I hope that it fixes itself. For the sake and honor of my family.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zachary said...

God bless you and your family member serving in Iraq. I also honor our Veterans, and like you, I am saddened, ashamed, and angry

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home